EUREC is the voice of renewable energy research in Europe, representing European Research Centres active in renewable energy.
The purpose of EUREC is to promote and support the development of innovative technologies and human resources to enable a prompt transition to a sustainable energy system.
Our members are prominent research and development (R&D) groups spread across Europe, operating in all renewable energy technologies.
EUREC’s mission is based around the following objectives:
- To identify research needs and enable R&D for innovative and integrated renewable energy solutions
- To promote sound policy making in renewable energy R&D
- To enable innovation and technology transfer by connecting research and industry through project development
- To promote the development of a highly qualified and trained workforce for the renewable energy sector
- To support international R&D cooperation