Jose Pinheiro, Portuguese, 39 years old.
Education: Environmental Engineering from UCP and Post-graduation in Mechanical Engineering (renewable energies) from FEUP.
Recent relevant experience:
Started in 2007 working for wind turbine supplier VESTAS WIND SYSTEMS and went through several functions and geographies throughout 3,5 years, namely:
- Technical Support Engineer for O&M department in Spain, focusing in mechanical issues;
- Junior Project Manager for the O&M department in Denmark (Offshore business unit), assiting in special maintenance projects in the north sea;
- Project Manager for the Construction department in Brazil, supporting the first sales and implementing the first wind farms in that region;
In 2011 moved to EDPR, based in Madrid:
- Firstly, as Senior Technical Support Engineer providing support to O&M, Construction and also Business Initiatives
- And afterwards as Head of O&M for EDPR’s Global Technical Direction, bridging the 2 main operational platforms (EU and NA), helping to improve processes and best practices across the 2 units.
Then, moved to the Scotland in 2013 and supported the development of what is today known as Moray East Offshore Wind Farm, first as Head of Wind Turbines and Substructures and later as Project Technical Coordinator.
Since April 2017 been invited to lead the WindFloat Atlantic Project (WFA) as Project Director and Managing Director for WINDPLUS the project company formed to develop, construct and operate the WFA project and more recently joined the new company formed between EDP Renewables and ENGIE, OCEAN WINDS as Country Manager for Iberia.