With Thanks to Our Lead Sponsor
Europe’s Sustainable Global Partnerships: Opening Keynote Addresses
- Keynote Address from leading sustainable energy economies on project and investment opportunities
- Strategies and developments in the move to a sustainable energy future: a focus on demand and investment opportunities
- The role of Europe as a sustainable region in a global context: plans, projects and announcements
- Working with global partners to implement an effective sustainable energy transition
H.E. João Pedro Matos FernandesMinister of Environment & Climate ActionPortugal
H.E. Dan JoergensenMinister of Climate, Energy & UtilitiesDenmark
H.E. Michał KurtykaMinister of Climate and EnvironmentPoland
H.E. Agnès Pannier-RunacherMinister Delegate for Industry, Ministry of Economy, Finance and the RecoveryFrance
Nelson LageChairman of the Board of DirectorsPortuguese Energy Agency (ADENE)& Chairman of the Board of DirectorsOLMC – Energy Logistics Operator Switching
Session 1: Creating Sustainable Energy Hubs: Ports, Transportation & Industrial Energy Users
- Creating sustainable energy hubs in Europe: the role of ports, transportation and industrial users in driving the energy transition
- Europe’s energy hubs leading the energy transition and creating commercial opportunities and green sustainable clusters
- Integrating renewable gases in hard to abate sectors through sector coupling
- Green projects global value chain in wind, solar and hydrogen
- Regulations and critical policies to advance Europe's Sustainable Agenda and
- Green advancements and sustainable announcements promoting the sustainable agenda
Christian Pho DucChief Technology Officer & Managing Director H2 ProjectsSmartenergy
Annaleena MäkiläChairEuropean Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO)
Haroun van HövellChairman of the Board of DirectorsLBC Tank Terminals
Victoria Marie EvensenVice Mayor for Business Development and Public OwnershipCity of Oslo
Session 2: Investment Opportunities and ESG Considerations in Sustainable Energy Projects
- Identifying and investing the projects with the greatest returns: where do we need to focus R&D and what opportunities are we still not capturing?
- How do we consolidate renewable energy value chains in the pursuit of cleaner fuels?
- Sustainable energy and powering a decarbonized Europe: the role of Government in supporting sustainable projects deployment
- What are the competing technologies and tradeoffs from within today’s renewable energy market?
- The role of hydrogen deployment in Europe’s sustainable energy future: a vision from the UK
- An overview of the state of play for ESG in renewables –what investors are looking for and how they are using metrics and ratings
- Action vs disclosure – how some renewables companies could have fallen behind
- Coming regulation – The impacts of SFDR, and EU Taxonomy on the cost of capital for renewables
- ESG in renewables –what do you need to do next?
Ministerial Keynote Address
Germany as a sustainable energy powerhouse: from the dawn of solar PV to the next level of sustainable projects investments.
Session 3: Europe’s Leading Ports Panel: Driving the Sustainable Energy Transition
- Ports are creating major energy transition clusters and supporting sustainable energy supply chains whilst linking the renewable energy global trade.
- Hear directly from the leading European Ports in this engaging and interactive session on how they’re leading the energy transition, creating opportunities and technology advanced solutions and becoming global green energy hubs.
- What is the need for European coordination when establishing green energy hubs and are the necessary political instruments
José Luis CachoPresident of the Board of DirectorsPort of Sines
Dick EngelhardtMember of the Board of Directors and Chief Development & Nautical OperationsNorth Sea Port
Maarten BarthelBusiness Manager Energy and Data CentresGroningen Seaports
Franca DiechtlTeam Lead International CooperationGerman Energy Agency (DENA)
Session 4: Commercial Opportunities to Decarbonise Key Economic Sectors: Steel, Cement, Mobility & Shipping
- How sustainable energy is a crucial opportunity to decarbonize key industries and economic sectors.
- Sustainable projects in Steel, Cement, Mobility and Shipping.
- Will liquid hydrogen be part of the future sustainable solution? What are the options and plans?
- Integrating hard to abate sectors in the renewable value chain.
Dr Martin TheuringerManaging DirectorGerman Steel Federation
Gökçe Mete, PhDResearch Fellow, Head of Secretariat, Leadership Group for Industry TransitionsStockholm Environment Institute
Josef DoppelbauerExecutive DirectorEuropean Union Agency for Railways (ERA)
Dietmar GründigTeam Leader Energy Systems and Energy ServicesGerman Energy Agency (DENA)
Michael EngstedInvestor & Managing Director Plagazi UK Ltd
Session 5: Green Technology Transitions: How is Technology Pushing Forward Green Energy Deployment
- Cost and efficiency assessment in emerging renewable projects–what clean technologies have survived the test of time?
- New sustainable technologies and solutions: latest updates, plans, advancements
- Digitising clean energy networks –future game-changers transforming sustainable energy
Ministerial Keynote Address
Spanish Energy Transition plans
Session 6: Solar Markets in Europe: Projects, Investments and Timelines
- Opportunities for the solar market in Iberia –the latest projects and investments
- Hear directly from regional progress in the world’s leading PV region
- How can commercial partners get involved in Iberia’s thriving solar market?
Session 7: Offshore and Onshore Wind: A Critical Sector for Sustainability
- Opportunities for the wind market in the North Sea – the latest projects and investments
- Commercial updates and calls to partner from Europe’s leading wind market
- Hear directly from Governments bordering the North Sea on their large-scale wind projects
Session 8: Hydrogen Deployment in Europe: A Catalyst for Sustainable Energy Transition
- Resources, Funds and Political pushes to look out for in today’s clean energy puzzle when choosing clean technology to invest in
- Hydrogen Colours-making the right bet when it comes to competing alternative energy resources expected to improve future societies
- How to transform Europe’s grid to new energy sources transportation and distribution
- Weighing up risks and returns in new transition energy markets
Sally PrickettVice President Hydrogen Market Developmentbp
Jeannette UhligTeam Leader Carbon Neutral Energy CarrierGerman Energy Agency
Jan IngwersenGeneral DirectorENTSOG
Timo BollerheyManaging DirectorH2Global Advisory GmbH
Anise GanboldResearch Leader, Commodities and HydrogenAurora Energy Research
Session 9: The Finance Focus – A Summary of Best Practices in Energy Investing
- Project financing and regulation from the European Commission and European Bank perspective
- Trade relations between North Africa and Europe – capturing sustainable value in resource-rich emerging economies
- Regulatory change that investors can expect when joining the clean energy transition
- What are the prerequisites for investors bankable clean energy projects?
- Support mechanisms & financing to catalyze low and no carbon private sector investments